I’m baking and freezing for my Christmas party! These are easy to make and taste great!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup crushed peppermint sticks, or 8-10 sticks.
- Cookie Sheets
- Measuring Cups
- Mixing Bowls
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter (1 stick, softened.) and sugars (1/2 each brown and white) until nice and fluffy.
- Once fluffy, add in 1 egg, 1/4 tsp salt and 1 1/2 tsp vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, measure out 1 cup + 2 tbsp of all purpose flour and 1/2 tsp of baking soda. Use a fork to mix these together well.
- Dump the flour mixture into the butter and sugar mixture. Beat until combined.
- Get out your peppermint sticks! Unwrap them and throw them in a freezer bag. Use a rolling pin or heavy bottomed pot to crush them. Don’t make dust, you’ll end up with very sticky cookies.
- Dump 1 cup of chocolate chips and your crushed peppermint sticks into the bowl with the cookie dough. You’re probably going to want to give up the mixer and move on to using a spatula to combine this now. Stir well.
- Place dollups on cookie sheet — the size is up to you.
- Cook for 10 minutes.