Project get back to running (without injuring myself) is coming along quite nicely. The one thing I have found to help me through runs is that I pretty much need my iPod. I seem to move so much quicker and I am so much more motivated to run when I have some good and sometimes crazy music to listen to. My mentality is just keeping running until the song is over. With this mindset, I feel like I can go a lot further. Sometimes I want to keep going to see what the next song on my list is.
Here is my current playlist. It’s fun, current, old and maybe even a little bit off the wall.
- “Life is a Highway” Rascal Flatts
- “Walk This Way” Aerosmith
- “Harder to Breath” Maroon 5
- “Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough” Michael Jackson
- “It’s Tricky” Run DMC
- “Moves Like Jagger” Maroon 5 featuring Christina Aguilera
- “Just the Way You Are” Bruno Mars
- “Born This Way” Lady GaGa
- “Too Close” Next
- “All For You” Sister Hazel
What’s the most random song on your playlist?
What do you do to keep yourself motivated to run — or whatever it is that you do to stay in shape?