Hey guys & gals! My name is Alysia, and I am the author of a healthy living blog called Slim Sanity. I feature my daily workout routines, healthy recipes, and daily life living fun and balanced lifestyle. I’m excited to be guest posting for Michelle on Blogitness. As a newly inducted Sweat Pink ambassador, it’s great to be able to connect with other people who share the same interests as I do! Today I’ll be giving you guys a recipe for a simple, healthy and delicious snack.
- One 16 oz can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- Salt, pepper, garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Open can of beans, and drain into a strainer. Rinse with cool water thoroughly. Spread them out on a paper towel to dry off completely. You’ll see some of the thick ‘skin’ on the beans. Just remove any from the batch that are loose.
4. Place beans on a cookie sheet, spread out evenly. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
I checked the crunchiness of the beans after 20 and 25 minutes. They were a little soft in the middle, but still tasted pretty good. You could cook them for less or more time, depending on the consistency you want. I prefer them crunchy, so 30 minutes was good. I may have left them in longer, but a few of them started to burn.
5. Remove from oven, and enjoy!
You can season this snack pretty much anyway you want. Next on my list to try are sweet and spicy!