Hi everyone! I’m Katie from K.E.P.T. You Fit and I’m excited to be a guest on a fellow Pittsburgher’s blog!
- On Sunday, write your fitness goals down for the week. There’s a strong relationship between writing what you want to accomplish and actually accomplishing it that just works. This should also get you excited about the week ahead! Knowing that there are slots out of your workday for “me” ahead of time may make the work week less daunting. This leads into my next idea..
- Pen your workouts on your agenda (notice I said PEN not PENCIL!) and set it out on your desk, door, or an online calendar for coworkers to see that you’ve committed something. Check your gyms website to see the class schedule for the week or get a group of friends to go out on a run.
- Pack your lunch and snacks. This works two-fold; first, it allows you to exercise on your lunch break and second, it provides you with a healthy lunch to eat after your workout! Snacks will keep your energy levels high so running to the vending machine isn’t an option.
- If your workplace doesn’t have a gym on-site, locate a gym that’s en route from home. You have to pass it regardless, so pack your bag ahead of time, throw it in your car, and either on your way TO or FROM work, stop in for a quick sweat-sesh! So many gyms these days come equipped with a fully-stocked locker room so beautifying yourself (men and women!) isn’t a hassle.
- Buddy up. Having someone you can call to meet you for a class or run will hold you accountable, but don’t make that person your crutch. Maybe one friend wants to take a class while the others want to go for a run; it’s the thought of being at the gym with someone that counts, not necessarily completing the same exact workout. Good motivational support too!
- Try morning workouts. It’s easy for me to say “working out in the morning will make you feel better!” but mornings are my prime time! Not everyone likes waking up at the crack of dawn and exerting themselves, but you’ll never know until you give it a try. Once those endorphins start flowing, you may evolve into an am-exerciser!
- Use weekends to complete your hardest, most challenging workouts. Long runs, HIIT, or hot yoga require more energy and longer recovery periods that may not be ideal for your Monday through Friday schedule.