It’s Foodie Penpal Reveal Day! Who is excited? I love getting mail and getting mail is even more fun when you receive delicious foods in the mail. My foodie penpal for June was Taylor from Taylor Made. Taylor is a nutrition student studying at Ohio State University. Be sure to checkout Taylor’s blog, I’ve been reading it every since we were first paired for Foodie Penpals. Not only does Taylor have an awesome blog, but she can really pack a foodie penpal box!
The theme of my box was Chocolate! Who can argue with chocolate? I had expressed my love for chocolate and peanut butter while talking with Taylor through e-mail (what blogger doesn’t like PB it’s a requirement to be a blogger I swear!). Taylor did a wonderful job of packing a box that I can truly say I enjoyed (and am still enjoying) every single last item in the box!
- Peanut Butter Cookie Luna Bars – my favorite Luna bar!
- Justin’s Almond Butter- is there anyone that doesn’t like this?
- Archer Farms (I love Target!) Trail Mixes — one Cajun and one Raspberry Nut — these are delicious and make for the perfect snack food. One was spicy and one was sweet.
- Peanut Butter and Company Dark Chocolate Dream — This stuff is amazing and makes for jar 13 in the number of opened PB bars I have in my kitchen — addiction? I’d say so.
- Mauna Loa Chocolate covered nuts. Delicious!
- Belgian Chocolate Thins — perfect for chocolate cravings!
- Ferrero Rond Noir – Fine dark chocolate with almonds. Yes, please!!
Thank you so much Taylor for an awesome package! If you’d like to see what I sent check out Nicole’s blog at Apples and Arteries
Are you a foodie penpal? If not, I highly suggest giving it a try. You’ll quickly become addicted and meet some awesome blogger along the way.
Here are some details: (Click on the Foodie Penpal icon above to sign up!
-On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!