Yesterday, I spent a vast majority of my day sitting in the juror room at the county courthouse. Sometimes I feel like I have a part-time job as a juror. I receive summons non-stop. I’m randomly selected way too often! I’ve served on a jury in the federal court system once. And I’ll admit it was actually pretty interesting. Now that I’m working from home and finishing up my 2nd master’s I was less than enthused to receive another summons for the county’s criminal court system. After sitting in a room for more hours than I’d like to remember (I read three months worth of SHAPE magazine; the Internet connection was terrible), all of the cases they had for the day that were expected to be jury trials were settled and everyone got to leave! I made $14.oo for the day. Thank goodness I’m salaried and my employer will be paying me! I think the most fun I had was the fact that I had to dress up, since I were jeans or athletic wear almost all the time for work.
Have you ever served on a jury before?
On to more exciting stuff, how about a giveaway? You can bet that my bag was stuffed with snacks yesterday. Eating and magazine reading ended up being my “job” for the day. Among my snack’s were Funky Monkey Snacks! I had received a sample box from the wonderful folks at Funky Monkey (thank you Jennifer) to review.
Funky Monkey Snacks are a line of freeze-dried fruit that are 100% natural, 100% real fruit, and 100% delicious – with 3 servings of fruit in each 1oz bag. They taste great, smell great and are a nutritious snack!
• Funky Monkey Snacks have no added colors, flavors, sugars, or preservatives
• Proprietary manufacturing process provides for a crunchier texture vs. conventional freeze-drying techniques
• Manufactured directly from fresh fruit, not from frozen fruit
• Use full slices and pieces (not dices) of delicious, premium fruit
• Funky Monkey is made in Brazil (not China!) using tropical fruits at the peak of freshness
• Products are gluten-free, certified Kosher, and certified non-GMO
• Purple Funk, also includes açai, a berry from the Amazon that is viewed as the newest superfood
When I received this package, I was extremely excited. I’m constantly on-the-go and always looking for healthy new snacks, what can I say I get bored easily!
Funky Monkey Flavors Include:
- Purple Funk
- Pink Pineapple
- Carnaval Mix
For a girl who really isn’t a fan of fruit, I enjoyed all of the flavors. They tasted great and were the perfect late-morning or late-afternoon snack. This snack was crunchy and kept me tied over until my next larger meal. You can also definitely tell that these snacks are made from real fruit. They tasted like fruit instead of a freeze-dried fruit snack!
Have you ever tried Funky Monkey before? The wonderful people at Funky Monkey would like to give one lucky reader a chance to try all 7 flavors (you will receive a box with all seven flavors to sample). This giveaway in opened to U.S. residents only.
To enter (please leave a comment for each task you complete):
- Leave a comment telling me which flavor you’d like to try the most.
- Follow me on Twitter @blogitness
- Follow Funky Monkey on Twitter @funkymonkeysnck
- Like Funky Monkey Snacks on Facebook
- Tweet about the giveaway!
One winner will randomly be selected on Friday morning! Good luck!
Read Full Post »