Thanks to the wonderful, Claire, details for the Pittsburgh Blogger Meet-Up are confirmed!
When: August 11
Where: Pilates Equipment Class at Verve 360 Wellness.
Time: 11 am
Details: Habitat will be providing a 4 course lunch at $18.
Are you attending?
Have you ever taken a Pilate Equipment Class?
I haven’t, but I’m excited!
Read Full Post »
Subscription boxes have always fascinated me. I love mail and surprises, which pretty much makes subscription boxes ideal. The thought of food subscription boxes is even more exciting especially if you are a foodie or in my case wannabe. When the wonderful people at Samplrs offered to send me one of their subscription boxes to review I was very excited!
What is Samplrs?
Each month, you’ll receive 4-6 full-sized products from the finest up-and-coming local food artisans.
Each Samplr will include anything from cookies and chocolates to spreads and sauces, along with a card containing product descriptions, pairing suggestions, and recipes.
This Box Contained:
- The Jam Stand Blueberry Bourbon Jam (along with a recipe for muffins)
- LuckyBird Bakery “Monarch” Brownie Squares
- Charlito’s Cocina Campo Seco Country Sausage
- 2 Early Bird Crack of Dawn Granola B Bars
- Full-sized items. It’s much easier to get an actual taste for an item when you can taste more than just a little bite.
- The Blueberry Bourbon Jam was delicious on toast. I am planning on saving the rest to make the muffin recipe they included.
- I really liked the fact that they did include a recipe.
- The granola bars were delicious.
- I liked the fact that all the items are from up and coming, local food artisans. It gives you a chance to try new foods!
- I LOVED the brownies. They were chocolate-y and rich. Perfect for this brownie loving girl!
- I’m not going to lie. The country sausage scares me a little and I still haven’t tried it.
- The price. If I’m going to regularly purchase a subscription box. I think I’ll be looking for a box more around the $10/month range.
(I was not paid for this review. I did however receive a free box to try)
Read Full Post »