Hello Strangers! After an over two month break from blogging, I’m back and committed to regular blogging and blog-reading in case anyone out there still remembers me! Between starting a new job(which by the way is going awesome), the holidays and a computer in need of some major TLC, I just haven’t had the time to blog, read and comment. Okay, I have been reading many blogs..on my Kindle…on the bus. I’ve kind of been a lurker lately.
Anyways, back to regular blogging, recipes and some New Years fitness routines….and of course some shopping…I have a major addiction to online shopping and I need to share some of my awesome finds with everyone.
Questions for you:
- How as everyone been?
- What was your favorite holiday gift?
Recipe for you:
Peppermint Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
yield: About 1 dozen cookies
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 12 to 15 minutes
total time: 35 minutes
½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese on medium speed until smooth and well-combined.
3. Add the sugar and vanilla extract and mix until the ingredients are well-combined. Add the flour and mix on low until the flour is incorporated. Stir in the mini chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
4. Place the Oreo cookie crumbs in a small bowl. Scoop the cookies into about 1½ to 2″ balls and then roll in the cookie crumbs. Place the cookie balls on the baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the tops are slightly puffed.
5. Cool on the pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.