Nothing beats waking up at 8 am on a Saturday to be a human alarm clock (men!). So much for sleeping in on the weekend. Since I’m up and have no chance of going back to bed, might as well be productive right.
The exercise (keep in mind I’m still not supposed to be doing anything crazy and I just needed a little something to get me out of bed and alert!):
- 2 songs worth of crunches with a medicine ball…it was a country morning even though I’m not much of a country fan. Jason Aldean and Joe Nichols aren’t exactly the kind of songs that get you up and moving in the morning, but that’s okay. I just randomly picked a Pandora station on my iPhone (which I’m pretty sure I didn’t put there) and got at it.
- 25 cross-legged push-ups.
- 2 songs worth of bicycles, this time I got a little goofy and selected a Christmas station on Pandora. A workout to Mariah Carey and NSYNC is definitely unique!
I’ve never been much of a breakfast eater…in fact, I never used to eat breakfast at all. So far, I’ve gone 20 days with always eating something for breakfast, which is a challenge for someone who does not like breakfast foods. I’m opened to suggestions, something I can eat quick, tastes great and will actually make me excited about breakfast! Any ideas?
Then it was on to homework…lovely reads about exercise planning for special populations (covered everything from children, to pregnant women to diabetics and everything in between). I can’t believe I’m almost finished with my second Master’s degree.
Now for the fun…Christmas shopping with my sister. We like to be done early…that leaves more time for decorating, wrapping, baking and party planning!
Shopping Trip Highlights:
- Finished a lot of shopping for my mom (my sister and I do my dad’s and brother’s shopping as well, they do not like malls).
- The 35 and under event at LOFT. I love a good LOFT sale! Plus I had an additional 20 percent off coupon for opening a credit card.
- Awesome deals at Bath and Body Works plus I had a gift card so it cost me nothing!
- 1/2 price holiday drinks at Starbucks…there is just something about those red cups and holiday flavors I can’t resist!
White chocolate peppermint mocha!
Read Full Post »
If you are a bargain hunter, simply looking a small gift for a few of your fitness enthusiast friends or are in a small grab bag, you’ve got options. There are plenty of fitness gifts you can get for your runner friends, yoga friends or the fitness friend who has it all. These gifts are thoughtful, practical and won’t break the bank. Happy Shopping!
Shoe Pouch For just $5 a piece (shoes not included) all of your runner friends will have the perfect place to store a key, debit card and a little cash while out on the next running adventure without having to worry about holding anything in their hands.
HJ-105 Digital Pedometer At just $10, this makes the perfect gift or stocking stuffer for walking and running enthusiasts alike. This handy tool tracks distance, speed and calories burned on it’s LCD screen.
STOTT Pilates Flex Band Exerciser. $8.99 This resistance band is great for Pilates enthusiast, your fitness friends who are always traveling or anyone who enjoys a good resistance training session. It’s light weight, easy to store and can travel.
Gaim Mat Sling. $9.84. Perfect for all your yoga or Pilates buddies.
Read Full Post »
I’m a huge shopper. In fact, I spent probably half of my weekend hobbling around with my beautiful walking boot, attempting to get some Christmas shopping done. While I didn’t purchase any fitness gifts, in fact I didn’t really purchase too much at all. But it got me thinking,
beautiful isn't it?
what are some ideal gifts for the fitness enthusiast on your list. Here are a few things I’ve come up with (and there will be plenty more of these posts to follow before it’s crunch time in the holiday shopping season).:
- Gym membership
- Personal training sessions
- BPA Free Water Bottle
- P90X2 (available for pre-order now)
- TurboJam (or other home fitness DVDs)
- I got one of these for myself. A JcPenny Cooks 5-in-1 Power Blender. It was $59.99, I paid $20 for it. Great deal and is perfect for blending smoothies or shakes for one or two!
Read Full Post »