Nothing beats waking up at 8 am on a Saturday to be a human alarm clock (men!). So much for sleeping in on the weekend. Since I’m up and have no chance of going back to bed, might as well be productive right.
The exercise (keep in mind I’m still not supposed to be doing anything crazy and I just needed a little something to get me out of bed and alert!):
- 2 songs worth of crunches with a medicine ball…it was a country morning even though I’m not much of a country fan. Jason Aldean and Joe Nichols aren’t exactly the kind of songs that get you up and moving in the morning, but that’s okay. I just randomly picked a Pandora station on my iPhone (which I’m pretty sure I didn’t put there) and got at it.
- 25 cross-legged push-ups.
- 2 songs worth of bicycles, this time I got a little goofy and selected a Christmas station on Pandora. A workout to Mariah Carey and NSYNC is definitely unique!
Then it was on to homework…lovely reads about exercise planning for special populations (covered everything from children, to pregnant women to diabetics and everything in between). I can’t believe I’m almost finished with my second Master’s degree.
Now for the fun…Christmas shopping with my sister. We like to be done early…that leaves more time for decorating, wrapping, baking and party planning!
Shopping Trip Highlights:
- Finished a lot of shopping for my mom (my sister and I do my dad’s and brother’s shopping as well, they do not like malls).
- The 35 and under event at LOFT. I love a good LOFT sale! Plus I had an additional 20 percent off coupon for opening a credit card.
- Awesome deals at Bath and Body Works plus I had a gift card so it cost me nothing!
- 1/2 price holiday drinks at Starbucks…there is just something about those red cups and holiday flavors I can’t resist!