Can you all believe this month is pretty much over with? This month seriously flew by. With work, school, plenty of baseball games and the June Yoga Challenge, I can’t believe July is just around the corner!
Let’s take a look back on the yoga on all the yoga-relate posts for the month:
June Yoga Challenge Recap 1
The Health Benefits of Yoga
June Yoga Challenge Update 2 and Aurorae Yoga Mat Review
June Yoga Challenge Recap 3- MyBarre3 Style!
Yoga has definitely been good to me over the last months and in the previous monthly that I have participated in yoga!
June Yoga Challenge Highlights:
- I must say that I absolutely love MyBarre3 and cannot wait to continue using many of their videos!
- I checked out an awesome new yoga studio within walking distance of my house.
- Aurorae makes an awesome mat/towel combo that every yoga-lover needs to take a look at.
- Yoga makes you feel great…I seriously feel like I have so much more energy after coming out of a yoga class.
- Yoga is great on the joints…it’s low impact and helps to ease an aches and pains that you may have from participating in other forms of exercise.
- Yoga makes you stronger and increases flexibility. Trust me, flexibility was something that I definitely needed to work on.
- Yoga is seriously appropriate for anyone to try…young, old, beginner, pro, athlete, non-athlete.
I hope to continue with my yoga habits through July and beyond. Thank you Courtney for holding an awesome challenge!
Read Full Post »
It’s week 3 of Courtney’s June Yoga Challenge. This month has flown by so far!
I seriously come to love yoga more and more each time I go to a class or engage in some yoga in the comforts of my own home (doing yoga at home has amazing benefits….you can try any pose you’d like without feeling embarrassed when you fall! Not that I’ve ever done that or anything!)
This week I was extremely busy (only three more weeks of grad. school left and I swear I’m done with school. Two masters is enough! I need to keep telling myself this..I have an unhealthy addiction to school.)
While reading Courtney’s blog, I noticed a post about a free 15-day trial at MyBarre3.com. Needless to say, I jumped on this opportunity and couldn’t be happier about my decision to! MyBarre3.com allows you to practice barre3 anytime, anywhere with a wide-selection of video workouts.
I think my absolute favorite part of MyBarre3.com is that you can choose videos based on the length of the workout you want to do. This is perfect for every busy schedule.
My 3 sessions for the week included:
1. Barre3 Ballet Bootcamp. I never imagined that ballet and bootcamp could fit in the same sentence, but it definitely worked. Prevention magazine even did a test on this program. They tested 15 women who completed the program for a month. They all saw amazing results! I am planning on giving this a go for the entire month of July. Is anyone with me?
2. Barre3 Runner’s Workout. This 30 minute workout is designed with athletics in mind. I loved it! It was challenging and fun all at the same time! Runners and athletes, give this a try!
3. Barre3 Balance. This is a 40 minute workout to help with grace and strength. I swear I am so uncoordinated sometimes. I’m hoping repetition of this workout will help me to ummm not trip over my own two feet next month!
I am really enjoying Barre3. Everyone should give it a try!
Read Full Post »
Courtney at Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life has started an awesome challenge for June. Are you taking the June Yoga Challenge? I was in before I even finished reading the blog post about it!
Incorporate Yoga into your exercise routine 3 days per week!
How I incorporated it:
1. An 1hr 15 minute yoga session at a local hot yoga studio (yay for Groupon and trying out new places!).
2. Spent 20 minutes mastering the Crow pose (for some reasons, I have always struggled with this one!)
3. I also downloaded a free 20 minute audio yoga workout from YogaDownload.com and completed it at home.
- So relaxing!
- Awesome stretching!
- Can’t wait until next week!
It’s not too late to join the challenge!
Read Full Post »