Good morning! They let the penguins loose at the zoo yesterday…okay, not really loose, but they were out of their normal home and walking the side walks of the zoo! And attracted quite the crowd. Only fitting after the Pens beat Philly in Philly on Sat. I love a good hockey game!
This morning’s workout (I overslept and have a busy
day week ahead of me). 10 Minute Leg Workout from FitSugar. Great for a quick workout…although I still wish my knee wasn’t killing me from skiing last week…it’s been a week and it still feels about the same –typical for my usual accident prone self.
I’ve y decided I want to purchase a longchamp bag for all my work stuff when I’m on-the-go. I’ve actually broken a few other bags/purses trying to stick my laptop and a zillion other things inside. Now, I need your help.
beige or black?
I’m sorta leaning towards beige in hopes that spring will be here soon. I figure I can always buy black later on if I’d like.
Well, got to run. Time to meet with an accountant and do my taxes!
Have a great day!
Read Full Post »
Posted in Blog, Food, tagged allie's life, cold weather, food award, food post, girl with a stethoscope, lactose free lizzie food award, live and love to eat, pittsburgh zoo, snow, superbowl party, tracy's treats, zoo on January 23, 2012 |
6 Comments »
Yes, that’s right. Only cool people go to the zoo when there is snow on the ground and the was registering a whopping 27 degrees, when we got out of the car. Thankfully, it was really sunny and ended up being around 40 degrees by the time we left. The zoo was a pretty happening place considering the weather — I was just eager to use the two Google Offers I had purchased months go for half off the price of regular zoo admission. Google Offers, Groupon, Living Social are all very addicting habits for me. They are a great way to explore (and eat) in your own city at a very, very reasonable cost! I seriously check them daily!
Lactose Free Lizzie Award:
In other news, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Julia from Girl with a Stethoscope has nominated me for the Lactose Free Lizzie Award! (If you don’t already read Julia’s blog, you need to!)
” The blogger that is tagged must host an award thing-ama-gig about FOOD. Yes, food (it’s the food awards). Anything related to it. A food blogger, a company, a favorite meal, or even whatever you like to sprinkle on your popcorn. After you are finished you tag 3 other bloggers to host a Food Award ceremony (aka a post). “
A Healthy Superbowl Party:
A majority of individuals will watch the Superbowl whether their favorite team is playing or not. Others will watch the Superbowl merely for the purpose of catching a glimpse of the commercials, which will often be the topic of conversation at the water cooler on Monday morning. No matter what your reason is for watching the Superbowl, there is always a good chance you will spend this Superbowl at a party. Superbowl parties are often one of the worst places for those watching their weight or looking to eat healthy. Here are some tips for a healthier Superbowl Sunday:
- Create a game plan. The best way to ensure that you have a healthy Superbowl Sunday is to plan in advance. This is one of the easiest ways to avoid temptation and prevent overeating. If you are going to a party, bring a dish or two along that is healthy, yet tasty for all guests to enjoy. If you are the party host, there is no shame in preparing healthy food items.
- Read the portion sizes. Before you dive into your favorite bag of potato chips, find out what the portion size is. Place one serving size on a plate and stick to it.
- Go easy on the dipping sauces. Calories can quickly add up when you consume dips and sauces. If you are making a sauce, remember that sugar can easily be replaced with a zero-calorie sweetener to help reduce the amount of sugar in your sauce or dip.
- Opt for low-calorie beverages instead of a traditional beer or soda with your meal. Diet drinks, juice or water can prevent you from consuming empty calories. You can also make it a point to make your Superbowl Sunday an alcohol free one.
- Get moving during halftime. Go outside for a walk or offer to help the party host clean up the kitchen some.
And, now for my three nominees! (I apologize if you have already done this!)
- Tracy @ Tracy’s Treats
- Claire @ Live and Love to Eat
- Allie @ Allie’s Life
Read Full Post »